Sunday, October 17, 2010

10.17.10 – Yellow Springs, Ohio


I've been meaning to visit Yellow Springs for years, as it's the home to many artists and I was told it had lovely shops. This weekend they were having an arts walk of sorts, so it seemed to be good timing, especially as the weather was warm enough today for me to wear flip flops (making me ever so happy).

The area actually made me think of the Clifton neighborhood near the University of Cincinnati. In fact one of the shops used to be in Clifton. The shops were interesting and it was good to see many individuals creating and selling their work, although many places had way too much incense for my allergies to take. I was especially amused seeing the mystery section in the used bookstore separated by "Female Writers" and "Male Writers." Mostly I was drawn to the trees. I'm not much of a nature person, but the colors were amazing. I kept thinking Yellow Springs would be a great place to have a weekend country home, being that you drive about four miles through farmland before arriving at a quaint college town business district where there's ample cafes and shops within walking distance. That's my kind of country.

No comments:

Post a Comment