Sunday, October 10, 2010

10.10.10 Louisville, Kentucky


Seeing that there was a Cincinnati Bengals football game (tailgaters were already out at a parking lot a block from me as I left this morning), Disney on Ice shows, and a Cincinnati Reds game all very close to where I live today, it seemed like a good day to be away. I ended up going to Louisville to visit my friend, Judith. It's about twice the distance of Dayton, Ohio, so I'm working my way into the traveling mode.

First, we went to the J. B. Speed Museum and saw a very small, but lovely, selection of Warhol prints, then wandered through the rest of the museum. I did get to realize that it's far easier filming when you're a passenger in the car (something I rarely am these days). We spent the rest of the afternoon at Cave Hill Cemetery, which has amazing sculptures, is the final resting place of a very famous "colonel," and I discovered that you should always look into peepholes in mausoleums.

2 comments:

  1. Love the peephole! It's like those Easter eggs you look inside, which always seemed so magic to me as a kid (and still...).
    I guess I didn't know Col. Sanders was a real guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily my friend really likes that cemetery and discovered the peephole. I would have never thought to look.

    I actually saw a Biography special on Col. Sanders years ago. I believe he worked at McDonald's before he opened KFC. I was hoping someone would have left a bucket at the grave like an eastern deity.

    ReplyDelete