Monday, June 11, 2012

May 30, 2012 -- Last day in Asheville, North Carolina

We walked downtown from Montford on our last day, stopping briefly at the Thomas Wolfe Memorial. Due to a shortage of time, we weren't able to take it fully in, but admired his home, which looks very odd with the modern condo high-rise next door. I never knew Wolfe was so tall. That was a surprise. We weren't quite sure about the chrome sculpture nearby, but admired the design, as well as all the blooming flowers.

After lunch at the Laughing Seed, a stop to get a blouse and candy for me at Mast, and a short amount of downtown browsing, we headed back to Louisa's Porch. Kent said goodbye to Leo. If you need a place to stay in Asheville, I can heartily recommend Louisa's. I wish I was having their breakfast right now.

Before leaving Asheville, we did make a stop at Krispy Kreme so I could enjoy a HOT (you have to have it HOT) glazed, melt in your mouth, doughnut. They sadly aren't in the Cincinnati area except for pre-packaged boxes at the grocery store, which aren't worth the calories (maybe it's best for me that they're not here anymore), so I make a point of indulging on those rare occasions. I can't wait for the next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment