Friday, June 1, 2012

5.20.12 -- Mt. Airy Forest & Bellevue Hill Park, Cincinnati, Ohio

As usual I'm playing catch-up. We had a lovely Sunday in two parks two Sundays ago. First we stopped at Mt. Airy Forest, which was eerily quiet. I enjoyed all the Asian trees throughout (or the short throughout we went to on a hot day before enjoying ice cream at Putz's). It would have been nice if there was a bench or some sort of seating on the gazebo.

After ice cream (sorry, no time to film or else it would have melted) we went to Bellevue Hill Park, not far from where I used to live. I'd never been there, but fell in love with the architecture. It seemed to me like a cross between Frank Lloyd Wright and the California architects who were influenced by him (it even has cantilevers!).

While the view of downtown Cincinnati was eye-catching, I kept being drawn back to the mushroom-like/spaceship-like structures, and the view of the sky from the cut outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment