Saturday, June 9, 2012

May 28, 2012 -- Off to Asheville

As we left our hotel in Raleigh, we kept seeing a guy at Trader Joe's jumping up and down on some raised surface. Just as we turned we realized he was making room in the dumpster for more trash. I suppose it had been a busy Memorial Day weekend. Kent's family wasn't able to host us this visit, so we stayed at a B & B in the Montford area of Asheville called Louisa's Porch, and what a delightful stay we had. The room was lovely, the neighborhood so quiet, and the the breakfast was amazing. I also got to indulge in my TV watching as they had satellite! Of course, we knew we chose well when neighbor, Leo, chose to say hello.

We had a nice walk around the neighborhood, admiring the cool bungalows before setting off for dinner at Kent's parents' home. A stop at The Hop finished the evening off nicely. As usual, I focused more on eating my ice cream than filming, but it was salted caramel and yummy. Kent had kale, which he enjoyed and wants to try the Kombucha sorbet next time. I'll stick with the salted caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment