Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 14, 2012 -- West Virginia and home

My GPS has a bad habit of getting me off an exit too early and it obviously did that the previous night causing us to have the full tour of Beckley, West Virginia. It had me rather unnerved wondering where in the world this hotel would be. Seeing that it was next to a very packed IHOP and its own parking lot was full (apparently the bar at the Quality is the place to be on a Saturday night in Beckley), somehow didn't sway my concerns. I made Kent let us keep the light on (yes, I know I'm childish). Luckily no stink bugs.

Anyway, the next morning a bright blue sky greeted us. Sadly no make-you-own-waffles (maybe that's what we should ask for for Christmas, except then I will want waffles ALL the time), but there was good food and caffeine to send us on our way.

Seeing Charleston, West Virginia's capitol gold dome made me know we were in the home stretch and could then enjoy seeing the changing leaves, that on that day seemed to be just beginning, but now keep falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment