Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rewind -- March 6, 2012 -- Biltmore

We visited Biltmore on a lovely blue-sky day. It was fairly empty, which was lovely after the holiday crowd we endured last time. Obviously we weren't the only ones taking advantage, as we were greeted by a film crew working on a commercial for the estate. Mostly I enjoyed the shadows and combination of colors against the blue sky. I still don't know what the mini helicopter was, but it added a certain novelty. With the warm winter, both the indoor and outdoor flowers were blooming.

After four trips to Biltmore, we finally made it to the Bass Pond. I was struck by the shadow of the tree against the water and how it reminded me of a Linda McCartney photograph I had seen in a book collection of hers just the prior week.

No comments:

Post a Comment