Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rewind -- March 4, 2012 -- Going to Asheville

Kent and I went down to Asheville, North Carolina for a few days. We saw a great deal of devastation from the storms off the highway, but also the same beautiful mountain range. This time we decided to do a little drive-by in Berea, Kentucky. Boone Tavern was more grand than I expected. They also had a high school designed like a pagoda (very cool). I've always been amused by the metal cross towering over Adult World.

Upon arriving, we were starved, so we went to the Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company. The American remake of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was playing, but had already started, so we opted for the dining room. The 80s movies table grabbed me (ah, the memories). The Memorial Library on the wall was also fascinating, but what I loved most was the ladies room. Talk about visual overload. Austin Powers greeted me on the ceiling as I looked up, Phillip Glass was on the wall, along with a helpful traffic warning, and a lovely smiling orange kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment