Friday, August 26, 2011

8.12.11 – Glasgow Do Over


I was still bummed out for having nothing really work out on our day in Glasgow on Monday, so I felt I needed a re-do. Also, we decided to go our separate ways for the day, giving each other a little space. Kent went to the Isle of Arran, while I went back to Glasgow (he's still tweaking his photos, but you can check out his photo stream on Flickr).

He dropped me off at the Ayr station where I took a train with a mother whose son kept asking her who was making her drink and that she was fucking herself up, which she kept responding that she wasn't drinking and no one was making her. It was strangely compelling in a disturbing way.

Arriving at Glasgow Central Station I took the bus to Bellahouston Park, and after finding my way actually into the park, I made it to House for An Art Lover, which was definitely worth coming back for, even though it was set up for another wedding. It was filled with dark oak, that I love, and all those Mackintosh wall coverings and lights. I spent all morning there before heading back by bus to catch the train to Scotland Street School Museum, which was also worth going back to. The building was designed by Mackintosh and the inside is basically what Victorian schools were like. Not for me, but fascinating (I took stills not included in this clip. See Monday or my Facebook page for more photos). I then stopped in for tea and soup at their Willows Cafe before making it over to the Kelvingrove Art Museum, crossing the River Kelvin to get there. I saw more Mackintosh's there, making it a very good day indeed.

My blisters were throbbing by the end of the day, so I knew I was on vacation. Sorry for the shaky camera; the cold/sinus infection/virus/whatever was starting to get worse, not that that would deter me from seeing sights.


No comments:

Post a Comment