Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1.2.11 – Carew Tower, Cincinnati, Ohio


Somehow not doing the movie a day has made me a bit lazy. This footage was actually shot on January 2, 2011, yet I’m just now getting it up. I can’t blame the weather for my laziness, as I have had some snow days, but I managed to find other things to do. I must do better.

This film was taken on the rooftop of the Carew Tower in downtown Cincinnati -- now Cincinnati's second tallest building. I’d always meant to go up, but had never been. After getting through the two elevators, short few final flights, and a less than with it clerk, we made it up for an incredible view of both Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. It was really cold and windy, so my footage is somewhat limited. Mostly I was surprised that there wasn’t a fence around the edges like the Empire State Building. It made me quite nervous to get too close. I may be short, but I could have easily leaned out and plummeted to my death (or had my camera drop, which would have been almost as bad). I’m not encouraging such behavior, but it was shocking. Still, even with the lack of safety, the view was very much worth the $2.

2 comments:

  1. Cool!
    This inspires me to go to the top of Mpls.'s Foshay Tower, which I've never done: once the tallest building, now a shorty, but still a classic (like the ESB).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly gives you a different perspective on your city. For me everything seemed so compressed and closer than I know it to be.

    ReplyDelete